Sunday, November 2, 2008

More Non Meryl Movies

This weekend was a big movie weekend.  Not a big Meryl Streep movie weekend, but maybe next week.  I want to finish Out of Africa someday.

Friday night we watched The Jane Austen Book Club.  Well, first, in honor of Halloween, we watched an episode of Supernatural.  I really liked TJABC, it was cute.  Nothing too serious, but sometimes serious is really overrated.  The moments of "serious book club" were fun, but few and far between.  Sort of like the director was like "oh shit, it's about a book club, right, I'd better make sure people know it exists."  Then back to lunch dates and romantic visits to used bookstores.  And Emily Blunt was in Devil Wears Prada with Meryl Streep.  Or, Hugh Dancy was in Ella Enchanted with Anne Hathaway who was also in Devil Wears Prada.  Or Hugh Dany was in Evening with Meryl Streep, but I didn't know that one off the top of my head, I looked it up.

Last night we watched Young Frankenstein.  I love that movie.  It has all my favorite things in it, utter silliness, black and white, Madeline Kahn, bad puns, good puns, immature jokes, and bizarre sexual references.  It makes me happy.  I'm still trying to figure out how to link it to Meryl Streep, give me a second.  

A random film recommendation:  The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother.  Gene Wilder wrote and stared in this one with Marty Feldman and Madeline Kahn, so basically the same cast as Young Frankenstein.  It's not the greatest, but the last fifteen minutes made me laugh so hard I fell off the couch.

OH!  Okay, so I had to look up the title of the Sherlock Holmes movie, I couldn't remember if it was younger or smarter brother.  But, anyway, Dom DeLouise is in that and also in Robin Hood: Men in Tights with Cary Elwes who's in Ella Enchanted with Anne Hathaway.  Or, he's in The Princess Bride with the guy who plays the Sicilian who's in Manhattan with Meryl Streep.

Damn I'm good.  My roommate says I get ten points.  Yay me.  The Sicilian's name is Wallace Shawn, I did look that up.  

No comments: