Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FAQ

FAQ

What’s with the name?

Honestly, M Cubed stands for Meryl Marathon Madness, but it could stand for whatever you want it to. Like Mostly Mobile Monkeys. Or Many Merry Martyrs. Whatever floats your boat.

Why are you doing this?

Because I can. Why not? With the power of netflix, crazy ideas like this are possible. I just graduated from high school, I need to do something a little nuts.

Isn’t this a little obsessive?

For me, not really. I’ve been working through the movies of Humphrey Bogart since I was thirteen. Some of his earlier stuff is exceptionally hard to find. If anyone has “The Return of Doctor X” in any form (VHS, DVD, other) please let me know. Last year I watched most of the movies referenced in the opening song of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I just wanted to see if I could actually finish this set in the limited time I have before I leave.

So do you like movies?

What gave you that idea?

Is Meryl Streep your idol?

Not really. Idol implies someone I’d like to emulate. And while I think she’s really cool and extremely talented, I have no interest in following in her footsteps in any way. I have no interest in acting at all.

As a footnote to that: I am not Meryl Streep, nor affiliated with her, endorsed by her or supported by her or her peeps in this crazy endeavor.

Did you plan any of this out beforehand?

Not really. Any suggestions, feel free to email me or leave something in the comments.

What was the order of the wives of Henry VIII?

Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Katherine Howard, Katherine Parr. This can be remembered with the handy rhyme: divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.

Did that have anything to do with the films of Meryl Streep?

Absolutely not.

Have you been asked these questions before?

Sure. In this context – no, not really. Frequently – nope.

No comments: