Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mission Statement

Yesterday was my high school graduation. Now, facing the sudden chasm of free time, I decided I needed a project. Something to fill the void in my abnormally boring life usually taken up by excessive homework. I’m too lazy for a feat of athletic prowess, don’t have the space for collections and don’t have the attention span for building things, like fish ponds. And I really like movies. So this was the result of my quest:

The project:

To watch all of Meryl Streep’s films, 45 movies in all, including three TV miniseries.

The catch:

All films must be seen in chronological order, starting with “Julia” from 1977, up to “Lions for Lambs,” the most recent DVD release. The project must also be completed in the 75 days between the end of my high school career and the start of my college career.

This blog is to see if I can do it. And for anyone who wants to watch the spectacle.

Credit must also be given to the awesome Julie/Julia project, because that was my inspiration for all of this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats a nice idea.
have fun. i LOVE meryls movies.
shes god ; )

Lauren said...

Normal people get jobs to fill time chasms, Lena has a movie marathon.
Nice.

What happens if you don't watch all of the movies?

Lena said...

Probably die. Or live in the inner circle of hate forever.