Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One Month till Doubt

I've had the pestilence for the past week.  It's been a party, but I think I'm getting over it.

Not much has happened on the movie front.  I watched half of Pride and Prejudice (new version) and half of Sophie Scholl and twenty minutes of Angels in America.

The presence of Judi Dench in Pride and Prejudice (not BBC version) got me thinking.  I want there to be a movie with Meryl Streep and Judi Dench and Helen Mirren and... Laura Linney and Emma Thompson.  Ideal situation.  Fantasy casting, like fantasy football, but better.  And they're be in a really well written movie about women being kick ass and awesome, and it'd be altogether a fabulous experience.

That's be cool.

The main reason for this post is that there is exactly one month until Doubt comes out.  I think that's pretty important.  Unfortunately, because it is the day before my show and the weekend before exams, I don't know if I'll get to see it on opening weekend.  That makes me very sad.  I hope other people go see it for me, because I'd hate to have to go on another crusade in defense of a Meryl Streep movie like I did with Mamma Mia!.  Because that wasn't amusing and entertaining at all.  No sir.

Still, Catholic nuns, priests, possible sexual harassment of altar boys.  Sounds like a party.

No comments: